Sustainability and ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) are not just trendy concepts. They are key to creating a better future for generations to come. Environmental, Social Sustainability and the overall Governance of the organizations are of critical importance for businesses both big and small. More and more investment funds take the ESG performance of the company into consideration, while attracting the right talent for Human Capital also is influenced by ESG performance.
The UN Sustainable Development Goals or SDGs are rapidly becoming a guideline to Sustainability/ESG for many businesses. Younger generations are demanding that the companies they work for or buy from pay attention to being as sustainable as possible.
Sustainability/ESG needs to be part of every aspect of the organization. Every department has a role to play in achieving the desired level of sustainability and also every level of the organization should be involved in improving the sustainability effort.
The objective of this two-day programme is to provide knowledge and guidance to key people in the organization who are involved in coordinating and implementing sustainability or ESG programmes in the organization as well as being responsible for developing targets, goals and KPIs for the organization with respect to Sustainability/ESG.
This is a fully participative workshop where participants will be able to work on the ESG performance of the organization and start the process of developing goals and KPIs.
The workshop will be an interactive event where based on some of the presented materials, the facilitator will work with the participants to determine how to implement ESG measures and KPIs in the organization. Every organization is different and therefore every outcome of the workshop will be different and focused on the client’s organization.
All those who will be involved in the Sustainability or ESG effort of the organization, who have not attended formal training on the topic.
After attending the program, the participants will be able to:
- Identify and define the 3 pillars of Sustainability
- Comprehend the main differences between Sustainability and ESG
- Identify how organizations can focus on ESG performance
- Define the main reasons why good ESG is good for business
- Determine the top 5 environmental issues applicable to the organization
- Determine the top 5 social issues applicable to the organization
- Determine the various links in the overall Value Chain of the organization
- Define and Identify the main governance issues applicable to the organization
- Identify and analyse all ESG Stakeholders
- Identify the main Material ESG Issues
- Comprehend the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Create a matrix of roles and responsibilities for ESG within the organization
- Set a minimum of 5 goals and targets for ESG performance
- Determine a minimum of 1 KPI for each ESG target
- What is ESG?
- Difference between ESG and Sustainability
- Why is ESG important?
- ESG and Investment
- ESG Rating
- Rating Agencies
- FTSE4Good index
- Who are the ESG Stakeholders
- Stakeholder Engagement
- What is Materiality?
- Double Materiality
- Materiality Index
- KPIs, Baselines and Targets
- Setting KPIs
- Determining the Baselines and Targets
- Climate Change
- GHG Emissions
- Net Zero
- Social Issues as part of ESG
- International Standards for ESG
- What is Governance?
- Governance in relation to ESG