Financial management is one of the most important aspects of business it involves the strategic planning, organizing, directing and controlling of financial undertakings in an organizations. It also includes applying management principles to the financial assets of an organization, while also playing an important part in fiscal management
This training on financial management is aimed at equipping the participants with the knowledge and skills to apply financial management tools and techniques in business towards decision making.
The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies. Training manuals and additional reference materials a re provided to the participants.
Training on financial management targets professionals in finance, accounting, business administration and any other professional who wants to become an efficient finance manager.
At the end of this course, participants will comprehend:
- Understand financial planning
- Understand the fundamentals of financial accounting
- Analyze and interpret financial reports
- Effectively manage cost and cash flow
- Implement effective internal control systems
- Make informed and accurate financial decisions
- Undertake cost analysis and apply strategic management and costing principles to support improved decision making
Module 1 – Introduction to Financial Management
- Scope of Financial Management
- Objectives of Financial Management
- Functions of a finance manager
- Importance of finance management
- Organization of finance capitals
- Working capital management
Module 2- Financial Planning
- Defining financial objectives and goals
- Gathering and analysis financial information
- Developing a financial plan
- Implementation and review of the financial planning.
Module 3 Measuring Finance Performance
- Introduction to financial Analysis
- Steps in financial analysis
- Financial ratios
Module 4 Working Capital Management
- Importance of working capital management
- Stock Management
- Debtors Management
- Creditors Management
- Cash management
Module 5 Financial and Management Reporting- Management Decision
- What is Management Decision Making?
- Why Decision Making Matters
- Characteristics of Decision Making Decision Making in an Organizational Context
- What is the Decision Making Process?