Business Agility is the capability of an organization to rapidly adapt to market and environmental changes and create and leverage customer value in productive and cost-effective ways. Your customer could be a paying client (of a private organization), a citizen (for a public sector organization), or an abstraction like ‘climate’ (for a Non-Profit Organization). In case of ‘internal’ customers like another division, you must keep the end customer in mind.
Today’s markets and environment are complex, unpredictable, and changing faster than ever before. The threat of disruption for instance, is increasing with the trend of decreasing barriers to entry. In addition, digital transformation is taking place in many organizations. While digital technologies have provided many benefits for the workforce, new modern challenges have emerged. For example, people conflict, communication breakdown and general tension have increased throughout large and small organizations. Many organizations, however, are just playing catch-up and are experiencing that a traditional mindset and practices that worked well in the past do not necessarily still apply. In conclusion, today’s business requires a paradigm shift from the traditional approaches to our business challenges towards Business Agility. For software development teams, it is likely that Agile methods, such as Scrum or Kanban, have already been adopted. But the challenge is to adopt an Agile Mindset and Agile practices in the whole organization and not only in software teams. Each value delivery process that has a high level of ambiguity and low cost of change can profit from Agile.
This training program is created for those who believe in and want to know more about applying agile principles and practices to their business processes. It highlights agile approaches such as SCRUM, LEAN and Kanban. It will focus on the essential knowledge necessary to understand Agile and to decide how applicable it is to the business the participants are involved in. The program will also examine what hybrid forms are possible if pure Agile is not the best option.
This course is designed for persons who have business experience and are keen to understand the application of Agile principles, tools and techniques to their business. The participants can include Senior Management, Business Strategists, Transformation Department, etc.
- The fundamentals of the Agile mindset and Agile ways of working
- The required individual Agile characteristics to deliver value
- Agile leadership to develop an Agile Organization
- Decision making frameworks for complex environments and unsolvable problems
- Change Management Techniques to support the Agile Transformation process
- Customer centricity and co-creation methodologies, including Design Thinking, Lean Startup, and User Story Mapping
- The operational aspects of Agile (structures, processes, and scaling)
- Agile Practices like Kanban and Scrum
- Business Agility
- Agile values and principle
- Agile Mindset
- Critical Drivers for Business Agility
- System Thinking
- Complexity Thinking
- Polarity Management
- Managing Bias
- Design Thinking
- Lean, Lean Startup & Story Mapping
- Kanban to increase transparency, focus, productivity, predictability, and quality
- Modern Organizations
- Agile Leadership
- Goal Setting with OKRs
- Agile Teams
- Scrum to manage activities, increase team effectivity and deliver value faster
- Change Management Frameworks like The Lean Change Method, which combines the Kotter 8-Steps, Lean Startup and Kanban
- Dealing with uncertainty around change