Climate Change is a very urgent global problem that affects every level of society. Climate action and climate change mitigation needs to be taken at every level; governmental, corporate and individual level. Especially in line with the Paris Accords that try to limit the global worming to maximum 1.5 degrees, drastic action needs to be taken to reduce the Greenhouse Gas Emissions that are the major cause of climate change.
This course discusses the general issue of climate change and in specific the concepts of Green House Gas Emissions (GHG), Carbon Footprint and Net Zero.
During the program, we will discuss what a organization’s carbon footprint is and what can be done to lower the footprint. The various types of emissions will be determined such as Scope 1, Scope 2 and Scope 3 emissions.
This course is tailored for all those who are and/or will be directly or indirectly involved as Mid Management / Finance / Senior Management.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Understand Climate Change,
- Understand GHG Emissions, Carbon Footprint and Net Zero.
- Identify the type of Scope 1, Scope 2 and Scope 3 Emissions the organization is responsible for.
- Assess what measures can be taken to reduce the carbon footprint of the organization
- Identify how and when the organization could reach a net zero situation
- Climate Change
- What is Climate Change?
- Why is Climate Change a problem?
- GHG emissions
- What are GHG Emissions?
- Types of GHG Emissions
- Scope 1, Scope 2 and Scope 3 Emissions
- How to calculate your GHG Emissions?
- Carbon Footprint and Net Zero
- How to reduce your carbon footprint?
- How to achieve Net Zero?
- International Standards
- IFRS S2