Sustainability and ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) are not just trendy concepts. They are key to creating a better future for generations to come. Environmental, Social Sustainability and the overall Governance of the organizations are of critical importance for businesses both big and small. More and more investment funds take the ESG performance of the company into consideration, while attracting the right talent for Human Capital also is influenced by ESG performance.
Sustainability/ESG needs to be part of every aspect of the organization. Every department has a role to play in achieving the desired level of sustainability and also every level of the organization should be involved in improving the sustainability effort.
The objective of this one-day programme is to provide awareness to stakeholders in the organization who are involved in implementing ESG programmes in the organization as well as being responsible for developing targets, goals and KPIs for the organization with respect to Sustainability/ESG.
This is a fully participative workshop where participants will be able to work on the ESG performance of the organization and start the process of developing goals and KPIs.
The workshop will be an interactive event where based on some of the presented materials, the facilitator will work with the participants to determine how to implement ESG measures and KPIs in the organization. Every organization is different and therefore every outcome of the workshop will be different and focused on the client’s organization.
Stakeholders who will be involved in the Sustainability or ESG effort of the organization, who have not attended formal training on the topic
- Understand ESG and its different aspects
- Understand why organizations should focus on ESG performance
- Understand Environmental, Economic and Social Sustainability
- Understand Governance in the ESG Context
- Understand Stakeholders and their view on ESG
- Understand Carbon Footprint and GHG Emissions
- Understand Goals, Targets, Measurements and KPIs
- What is ESG?
- Difference between ESG and Sustainability
- Why is ESG important?
- ESG and Investment
- ESG Rating
- Rating Agencies
- FTSE4Good index
- Who are the ESG Stakeholders
- Stakeholder Engagement
- What is Materiality?
- Double Materiality
- Materiality Index
- KPIs, Baselines and Targets
- Setting KPIs
- Determining the Baselines and Targets
- Carbon Footprint
- GHG Emissions
- Net Zero
- International Standards for ESG