When we talk about Facilitation, we should understand its definition. Facilitation is – Making it easier for a group to function in order to achieve its aims while at the same time making a process of learning available so that the group can grow as it attempts to achieve its aim
This means that a Facilitator is – A person who makes it easier for a group to function in order to achieve its aim. By guiding it through a predetermined, structured process of working, while using experiential methods to promote learning so that individuals in the group can grow during the process of attempting to achieve the group’s aim
This course is focussed on workshop facilitation that takes the delegate through the entire facilitation process from facilitation preparation and the facilitation day and is suitable for all levels of managers and executives who want to master the workshop type facilitation skills required for effective group buy in and cooperation in reaching a specific workshop objective.
- Understand facilitation and its appropriate application
- Identify the characteristics of an effective facilitator
- Understand the role of the facilitator in a facilitated environment
- Understand the role of the team in a facilitated environment
- Apply facilitation tools appropriately
- Apply the facilitation process
- Practical Application of the Various Facilitation Tools and Techniques
- What is facilitation?
- The characteristics of an effective facilitator?
- When do we need facilitation?
- How does an effective facilitator work?
- What is expected of the audience in a facilitated workshop?
- Facilitation tools and their application
- The facilitation processes
Dr.Maria Rufina Certified Professional Facilitator, IAF –USA, International Trainer, Coach, Facilitator
Dr. Maria Rufina specializes in training and consultancy works in the area of HUMAN CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT. To date, Dr.Maria has trained over 50,000 people both locally and internationally. Some of the companies that have benefited from her expertise are Golden Trust (Bahrain), Bahrain Credit (Bahrain), EK Kanoo (Bahrain), Islamic Development Bank (Jeddah, Arab Saudi), Polwell (Singapore), Oxcel Cambodia, ExxonMobil, Orpic (Oman) and EPF.
Dr. Maria’s area of specialization is in the area of Strategic Thinking & Planning, Critical Thinking, Management & Leadership Development. She also is successful in bringing out the best of the participants in topics such as Performance Management, Presentation, Facilitation, Train the Trainer and Personal Development, 5S Quality Improvement, Negotiation Skills, Communication, Teambuilding, and Customer Service.
Her specialty is in merging the divergent and convergent aspects of a topic to create a training flow that facilitates effective and interesting impart of knowledge and skills. Participants of various levels and nationalities, find her training inspiring, thus creating a conviction in them to implement what they have learned. Given her effective training. Dr. Maria was appointed as a consultant at the oil rig, drilling platforms offshore to create behavioural changes and sustain a safety culture there.