This program is intended to create an understanding with senior management for project management in general and the role senior management should play in relation to the projects the organization is carrying out.
Without active participation and a clear commitment from senior management, projects will not be successful. This program will address all the areas that senior management needs to be involved with or need to understand when it comes to projects.
Members of the Board or the Senior Management team that have involvement in projects within the organization and that need to understand how they need to work with the project teams.
- Understand the critical activities during project management
- Understand the role senior management needs to play on projects
- Understand why we do projects and how to manage business benefits
- Understand how to be a project sponsor and give guidance to project managers
- Origin of Projects
- Why projects fail or succeed?
- Portfolios, programs and projects
- Why do we do projects?
- Business Benefits Realization
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Senior Management as Project Sponsors
- Moving from Requirements to Scope
- The Work Breakdown Structure
- Critical Path Planning
- Risk Management and Contingencies