Project Management is not just for technical people or for people who handle technical projects. Executives from many different disciplines are attending Project Management training as they would be involved in some way in a project in their organisations as project team members or even as project leaders. Many of them need to understand the fundamentals of project management but they might, at a later stage, want to gain more in-depth knowledge and aim for a project management certification.
Good Project Management practices are crucial for a successful project implementation. This training module teaches the fundamentals of project management in line with the PMBOK® framework of PMI®. This makes the course a perfect step-up to an eventual PMP® or CAPM® certification.
It is also applicable for participants who are already involved in a project but have not gone through any formal training or methodologies. This training demonstrates the critical knowledge and skills required in Project Management. It gives participants a good idea about projects and what is expected of them. Furthermore, it introduces the right, proper and common terminologies and good practices that will help achieve project success.
The training requires active participation from attendees. It has lectures, exercises, case studies, group discussions, role plays and quizzes.
This course is tailored for all those who are and/or will be directly or indirectly involved in projects and who have not attended formal Project Management training and who are planning to in the future obtain a project management certification.
- Comprehend why and when projects are initiated
- Learn about the fundamentals of a project
- Understand the success factors for project implementation
- Learn the importance of Project Management methodologies
- Understand the requirements for project management certification
- Learn about Stakeholders of a project and their roles
- Understand the Project Management knowledge areas
- Understand the Project Management Life Cycle and the expectations at various stages
- Learn how to be involved in the preparation of a project plan
- Learn the importance of controls in execution
- Understand what skills are required to manage and support a project
- Demand Management – origin of projects
- Why projects fail
- Critical success factors
- Project Framework – fundamentals of a project
- Project Management methodologies
- Best practices of Project Management: PMI® and introduction to the Project Management Knowledge Areas
- Project Management Life Cycle: Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitor and Control, Close-out
- 10 Knowledge Areas and the processes as described in the PMBOK6®
- Managing the project scope – Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Project Constraints:
- Time: Critical Path, Scheduling
- Cost: Estimation, Budget, Earned Value
- Quality: Assurance and Control
- Effective communication with stakeholders
- Risk Management – manage uncertainties
- Resources Management