Project Management is not just for technical people or for people who handle technical projects. Executives from many different disciplines are attending Project Management training as they would be involved in some way in a project in their organizations as project team members or even as project leaders. In IT & Telecommunication projects, staff from both technical and user departments need to manage projects collectively as these projects are business-driven. This training module is for those who are involved in small and medium scale projects.
IT projects will have some differences from projects in other industries. This program highlights the specific challenges of IT projects while also sharing common project management practices at the same time. Good Project Management practices are crucial for successful project implementation. Delivering timely and maximizing resources to produce quality results is crucial.
This training demonstrates the critical knowledge and skills required in IT & Telecommunication Project Management. It gives participants a good idea about the characteristics of IT & Telecommunication projects and what is expected of them. Furthermore, it introduces the right, proper and common terminologies and good practices that will help achieve project success.
This course is tailored for all those who are and/or will be directly or indirectly involved in IT and Telecommunication projects and who have not attended formal Project Management training.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Comprehend why and when projects are initiated
- Understand the success factors for project implementation
- Learn the importance of Project Management processes
- Learn about Stakeholders of a project and their roles
- Learn how to be involved in the preparation of a project plan
- Learn the importance of controls in execution
- Understand what skills are required to manage and support a project
- Why projects fail typically in IT projects
- Critical success factors
- Project Framework – fundamentals of a project
- Project Management processes
- Best practices of Project Management
- Project Management Life Cycle: Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitor and Control, Close-out
- Project Initiation
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Project Planning
- Scope Management
- Schedule Management
- Cost Management
- Resource Management
- Risk Management
- Project Execution
- Monitoring & Controlling the Project
- Closing the Project