Many organizations have decided to develop and implement a project or program management office (PMO). The reason is that with many projects running in parallel and with projects becoming more and more critical to the business, a good coordination between the various projects is crucial.
A PMO can be the right body to perform that coordination and to ensure that all projects manage to achieve their intended business benefits within the agreed time and budget.
There are various types of PMOs that can be implemented and part of this program is to determine what form of PMO would be the most suitable.
This course is tailored for program managers, project managers and staff involved in projects and/or PMOs.
- Understand the benefits of a PMO
- Establish requirements of a Project/Program Management Office
- Understand the characteristics of a program build-up of multiple related projects
- Learn how to implements and staff a Project/Program Management Office
- Understand the Stakeholders of an PMO
- Understand what processes are controlled by the PMO
- Learn how to set up controls to manage a Programme Management Office
- Why do we need a PMO?
- Portfolios, Programmes and Projects
- How do we translate the strategic direction into programmes?
- Program Management
- Project Management
- Defining success
- Defining and implementing a PMO
- Organizational Maturity Level
- Roles and responsibilities of a PMO
- Functions of a PMO
- Implementation of PMO
- Operating a PMO effectively