In the past few decades, psychologists and business people alike have discovered that successful problem solvers tend to use the same type of process to identify and implement the solutions to their problems. This process works for any kind of problem, large or small.
The Problem Solving and Decision-Making course will give participants an overview of the entire problem solving process, as well as key problem solving tools that they can use every day. Skills such as brainstorming, information gathering, analyzing data, and identifying resources will be covered throughout the course.
The course will also include how to make the right decision and in which way decisions are made.
- Senior Executives
- Senior Managers
- HR Management
- Understand the systematic process of problem solving
- Define the issue as a starting point for your project
- Focus on the “drivers” behind your issue
- Know how to apply specific techniques, such as brainstorming, root cause analysis, and SWOT
- Know how to test your proposed solutions before submission to the client
- Know how to present viable solutions for solving critical problems
- Presentations and Lectures 30%
- Group Discussions 30%
- Group Exercises 40%
- How does problem solving work?
- Techniques to define and describe problems
- Root causes and differentiate between problems and symptoms
- Tools and techniques that consultants can use during the problem solving life cycle
- Framework for managing issues and problems – from identification to resolution
- The problem-solving process
- Various problem-solving techniques and apply these in solving business problems
- Thinking models and practise exercises to help in thinking outside-the-box and generate a larger solution space
- Creativity and blocks to creativity
- Objective, well-reasoned decisions in a reasonable time