The “Project Management for EPC Projects” program is targeting project managers, project leaders, engineers and construction managers who are working in EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) projects for industrial plants, such as power plants, refineries, oil and gas and the chemical industry. The content of the training is based on the “Project Management Handbook for EPC” published by our partner Project Team from Germany. As this is an advanced project management training, some basic knowledge of project management (PMI®, PMBOK) will be helpful to fully benefit from this training.
This Training Module of the EPCP® Certification Program is developed as an entry level training for project managers who consider going for the EPCP® Certification Program. This program is not mandatory as a pre-qualification to obtain the EPCP® certificate. However, it provides a comprehensive overview of the project management processes that are part of the full program
This training is focused on managers and employees working in engineering/ procurement/ construction of industrial plants, such as power plants, chemical plants, refineries or oil and gas.
However, the content can also be applied to any other major EPC construction project. Some EPC experience and/or project management background will be helpful to take full benefit from the training sessions, although not mandatory for registration.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the context of project management in standards like PMI® (PMBOK) and how to apply them to engineering/ procurement/ construction (EPC) projects for industrial plants
- Establish a project plan considering all aspects relevant for EPC projects
Set‐up a project organization for large EPC projects
- Manage scope and contract and to defend your claims
- Plan and control costs, cash flow, schedule and risks
- Understand the role of Quality and HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) Management in Construction Projects
- Control your project proactively using reporting tools, KPI’s and trends
- Understand the engineering, procurement and construction processes and tools and their interaction in project management
During the program the following topics will be discussed:
- Characteristics of an EPC project
- Relevant project management standards
- Bidding an EPC project
- Organizing an EPC project
- Managing Scope, Schedule and Budget
- Responsibilities and Accountability
- Managing Risks
- Technical Configuration